Managing your Ecommerce RFP / ITT Proposal
Re-platforming or building a new ecommercce solution is a serious investment. You need to commit time and money to ensure that your brand sings online and is functionally sound and scalable as your direct channel grows.
It is essential that you understand the process for managing an ecommerce RFP or ITT.
Why you need to get the right focus
A lack of attention and detail in the planning will result in your platform failing to satisfy business needs, putting unnecessary stress on your team and costing you more in the long term as you have to pay for more dev time to address issues.
I know from experience that you have to invest the right resources up front to get this right – don’t compromise on quality, take it seriously and ensure there is Board level sponsorship to make sure the project is effectively supported throughout its lifecycle. My skills can help you ask the right questions and get the right focus. I’m also on your side – I want your project to be a huge success, so my energy will help motivate your team.
What Digital Juggler can do for you
Ecommerce teams often struggle to know how to structure and plan an RFP. That’s where I come in. I follow a proven methodology to ensure the project is shaped to your unique requirements:
- Business planning meeting – agree goals & objectives, define the project team, agree project management structure & process, roles & responsibilities
- Top-level project plan – defines milestones, dependencies and review cycles
- Phase 1 scoping – meet internal teams, meet external stakeholders, identify business needs and functional requirements for the platform
- RFI documentation – translate scoping work into a document outlining key requirements
- Internal documentation review – review RFI with project team, amend as required
- Go to market phase 1 – invite pool of relevant Suppliers to respond to high-level requirements brief; Supplier presentations & scoring
- Supplier shortlisting – project team reviews solution match and refines list to max of 2-3 potential partners
- Go to market phase 2 – invite shortlist candidates into detailed solution presentation & demo; evaluation of each Supplier with scoring matrix
- Due diligence – preferred candidate selected and reviewed in detail
- Contract negotiation – ensure contracts support e-commerce team with relevant SLAs; legal input and approval.
Please note that the decision on whether to opt for a detailed ITT before selecting a Supplier rests with your business. I will help you make that decision by providing an objective recommendation.
Project management – I can project manage the entire process, or work alongside your own project manager. Either way, it’s essential you have an experienced hand guiding the project.
I offer a flexible service and can stay involved in the project to help you with the build & implementation phase once contracts have been signed (this is when projects can go off course as implementation requires rigorous attention to detail).
To learn more and discuss how I can help you, please get in touch.
Reasons to trust Digital Juggler to deliver
In the past 10 years I have been personally responsible for many high profile ecommerce platform projects:
- Client side – as Head of ecommerce in retail, I initiated and had commercial/financial responsibility for two re-platform projects for MSCommerce and IBM Websphere
- Agency side – as ecommerce Consultant for EIBdigital I helped Client teams shape their platform requirements to match solution architecture to business needs.
- Independent consultant – as Digital Juggler I have helped Clients like Sweaty Betty and Smythson to scope their ecommerce requirements, write high quality RFP & ITT documentation and project manage the Supplier selection process.
In short, I know what it takes to make a project work. I know the trials and tribulations of this detailed process and my knowledge will help ensure your project is a success.
For further validation of my credentials, you can read the industry best practice report I wrote for Econsultancy in 2011: “How to run a successful e-commerce ITT“.
Helping you select the best platform Suppliers
One of the advantages of working with Digital Juggler is getting access to my network of e-commerce specialists who make it their business to know what’s happening in the world of platforms. It’s such a fast moving market with existing Suppliers updating their platform capabilities and new Suppliers entering with alternative solutions, that you really need an expert who can help you focus on solutions that are most relevant to your business needs.
I work closely with technology experts to ensure the most relevant (and latest) knowledge is used to help select suitable tools.