Every business has an opportunity to improve its internet marketing ROI, whether that’s via cost savings, process improvements or campaign optimisation e.g. increase click rate, improve conversion rate. An ecommerce marketing consultant works with your team to help you accelerate skills and results.
As an independent consultancy, Digital Juggler will work with you towards shared goals, objectives and KPIs. We can help you:
- Identify quick wins to improve ROI
- Flag strategic opportunities for investment
- Put the right measurement framework in place
- Audit analytics tools to fix any data tracking issues
- Analyse performance to know what’s really happening
- Find the best external support
Want to learn more about what an internet marketing consultant does? Check out my FAQs.
Ecommerce marketing consultant services
Through our network of specialist digital marketing professionals & service providers, we will help you plug resource and skills gaps with people who have a track record of delivering results through performance marketing. Below are the key ecommerce marketing services Digital Juggler provides:
- SEO site audits with prioritised actions
- Content marketing strategy, planning & implementation
- Paid media strategy & managed service
- Affiliate marketing strategy & consultancy
- Exit intent strategy & managed service
- Basket abandonment remarketing
Exit intent & basket remarketing
Client – Sage.
Service provided – fully managed service including monthly testing & optimisation for 3 years.
- RFP to find new service provider to improve capabilities.
- Smooth transition from old to new provider, conversion rate uplift of 15%.
- Campaign improvements via A/B testing – up to 80% conversion increase.
- Successful launch of lead generation campaign for top and middle funnel traffic.
- Implementation of GA event tracking to validate campaign impact.
SEO content audit
Client – CPA Global
Service provided – search coverage audit to identify content priority topics and keyword gaps.
- Detailed search query analysis using tools including SEMRush, GA, Google Trends and Answerthepublic.
- Competitor benchmarking to assess SEO presence of top 3 online competitors.
- Creation of keyword opportunity matrix based on content gaps, market volume and competitor weaknesses.
- Content topic modelling to consolidate keyword opportunities around relevant content topics.
- Management report containing prioritised recommendations for action.
What our customers say
James has a gift for analysis and identifying solutions using clear recommendations to improve digital marketing, particularly within the areas of SEO and Ecommerce, with which I most familiar. I’ve found him easy to work with and reliable for delivering on time.
Dave Chaffey, CEO, Smart Insights
Having worked with James for over 18 months, primarily on building out and optimising our remarketing strategy, I couldn’t recommend his services enough. He works fast and delivers results
Jonathan Cummins, Ecommerce Project Manager, Sage
James delivered the workshop brilliantly. Many aspects of ecommerce were explored at just the right level, with the chance to delve deeper and learn from James’ vast experience. Would highly recommend to others looking to improve skills.
Joy Young, Ecommerce Merchandiser, Amara Living
Internet marketing consultant FAQ
What is an ecommerce marketing consultant?
An ecommerce marketing consultant is an independent specialist who helps ecommerce teams to optimise and improve their digital marketing performance by applying good practice principles based on direct experience.
Consultants often specialise in one or more disciplines; for example, technical SEO expertise, or paid media campaign management for search, display and social media.
When selecting an ecommerce marketing consultant, ensure you have a clearly defined project need, goals, objectives and target outcomes. This will help find suitable consultants with skills appropriate to your project.
What does an ecommerce marketing consultant do?
It depends on the consultant’s skill set. Ecommerce marketing consultants can provide different levels of marketing support depending on your business needs, including:
- Strategy planning: creating a channel marketing plan based on your growth needs.
- Audits: technical and business capability audits to identify issues & opportunities.
- Mentoring and training: up-skilling internal teams to improve marketing performance and outputs.
How much does a marketing consultant cost?
Ecommerce marketing consultants typically charge on a pro-rata day rate basis, but will also work to set project fees when there are clearly defined project deliverables, scope and budget.
The day rate depends on the level of experience and complexity of the project. Below are some examples:
- Performance marketing strategist – from £500 per day
- Copywriter – from £150 per day
- SEO consultant for site audits – from £300 per day
When evaluating the cost of a consultant, consider the benefit of investment as well as the opportunity cost of not delivering the project e.g for an SEO consultant to fix declining traffic and revenue, how much £££ would you lose per month by not fixing the issue?