Digital Juggler played a critical role in our ecommerce replatforming project and expedited decision-making significantly. James adopted a methodical and seamless approach to enable us to find the best solution for our brand. James alleviated the stress and complexity of platform selection, providing detailed documentation in a comprehensible way, and brought a great energy throughout the process. He was popular with the team, it felt like he was part of the company.
Ecommerce replatforming vendor technology (Magento 1 > Big Commerce) and SI partner selection.
- End-to-end project management
- Creation weighted scorecard for platform evaluation & management of product demos
- Creation of 5-year projected TCO cost model including capex and opex costs
- Ecommerce platform selection & presentation to the Board
Dr. Barbara Sturm was constrained by an old Magento implementation that limited the ecommerce team’s ability to self-serve and deploy site updates quickly. COO, James Houston, approached Digital Juggler to provide a fully managed replatforming service to guide the team through vendor and agency partner selection, to decide if they should migrate to Magento 2 or switch plaforms. The key driver was a need to find a flexible solution that would enable rapid revenue growth, facilitate international expansion and deliver a premium online customer experience.
Digital Juggler provided a fully managed service, acting as project lead and manager, delivering multiple project streams to help the Global Head of Ecommerce make an optimal investment decision. The following work streams were delivered using Digital Juggler’s proprietary replatforming framework:
- Project definition: goals, objectives & targets
- Creation of the project plan including budget and scope
- Business requirements assessment and prioritisation
- Platform shortlisting & screening
- Platform selection based on rigorous evaluation
- Building a detailed 3-5 year TCO cost model
- Preferred platform recommendation and due diligence
- Integration agency partner RFP management
- Preferred agency recommendation and due diligence
- Risk management assessment for the Board
Throughout the project, advice was provided on all aspects of ecommerce to ensure platform capabilities were assessed for how they would enable the business to deliver best-in-class customer experience and maximise revenue potential.
- Board approval for the ecommerce investment plan including technology recommendation, agency partner and TCO cost model
- Successful delivery of project within budget and to the agreed 10-week timeframe
- Recommendations and costings for specialist 3rd party tools to satisfy the full business requirements