Prioritising business requirements
Once you’ve selected your ecommerce vendor and implementation partner, the hard work starts. Project initiation, sometimes called Discovery, for an ecommerce replatforming project turns your high-level scope and requirements into a detailed functional specification that drives development and delivery.
What is Discovery?
- A series of stakeholder workshops to agree low-level functional requirements, both technical and business
- The review and agreement of core processes underlying ecommerce e.g. order management
- The documentation of agreed requirements and processes in a suitable format for development teams
- The review, approval and sign-off of documentation by senior stakeholders with decision-making authority
How we help
Digital Juggler has project managed discovery phases for a wide range of businesses, bringing structure and governance to deliver positive outcomes. We can provide a fully managed service, helping ease the pressure on your team, or act in an advisory capacity to guide you through the process. Our expertise covers:
- Project management
- Stakeholder management
- Workshop planning and facilitation
- Applying ecommerce good practice to business requirements
- Requirements capture and prioritisation
- Translating business requirements into detailed specifications for development partners
The structure and rigour that James brought from the outset was invaluable, and gave me complete confidence that no stone would be left unturned throughout the complex process. He worked effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
Discovery video mini series
Our practical video guides will help you learn how to plan and deliver an ecommerce discovery process. Benefit from insights gained working with brands including Robert Dyas, House of Fraser, The Wine Society, RSPB and RHS.
This mini series guides you through the process from start to finish. Each video is between 4 to 6 minutes long and packed with practical advice based on experience:
- #1: Understanding the Discovery phase.
- #2: Planning for your Discovery workshops.
- #3: Running effective stakeholder workshops.
- #4: Prioritising functional requirements.
- #5: Signing off requirements.