“Digital Juggler ticked all the boxes for managing a complex project and educating non-ecommerce stakeholders to improve our internal skills and confidence.”— Paul Fowler, Ecommerce Manager
Project discovery, scoping & implementation consultancy service for a Magento migration.
Key services provided
- Interim ecommerce lead for project scoping, creating a detailed and prioritised Statement of Work
- Project management of the Discovery phase workshops and outputs with the external agency
- Providing expert ecommerce advice to ensure the functional requirements were well defined and relevant
- Ongoing advisory role, supporting the ecommerce manager through development
- Defining the UAT testing plan and advising the Client team on how to structure the UAT phase
LeMieux made the decision to migrate to Magento to replace a legacy system. The team had no replatforming experience and limited ecommerce expertise, so they reached out to Digital Juggler to support them through the process. Digital Juggler also supported the business in its recruitment of an experienced ecommerce manager, having recommended this new role be expedited for the benefit of the project.
James set-up and led a series of internal workshops to ensure all stakeholders were aligned with the project goals and had a shared vision of success. The output of these workshops was an approved set of requirements, prioritised based on business impact and signed-off by senior stakeholders including the Board.
Digital Juggler split the service into three phases:
- Leadership phase: providing a project structure, acting as an internal project lead to create a clear and detailed set of requirements and then collaborating with the development partner to turn a high-level scope into a detailed and fully costed Statement of Work
- Transition phase: managed handover to the new ecommerce manager, bringing Paul up to speed on the project history and helping him take ownership of the project and relationship with the agency
- Advisory phase: ongoing ecommerce consultancy, collaborating with Paul and his team to help them deliver the project to budget, make effective decisions and resolve issues whilst providing subject matter expertise e.g. defining the UAT plan.
Throughout the project, advice was provided on all aspects of ecommerce to ensure platform capabilities were assessed for how they would enable the business to deliver best-in-class customer experience and maximise revenue potential.
- Board approval for the project scope, budget and implementation plan
- Successful delivery of Discovery within a 6 week timeframe
- Identification of project risks and creation of a realistic mitigation plan